Strategy General Studies paper 2:: Upsc mains

General Studies Paper 2 –

Polity – I only ever did Laxmikant Polity. I find it the best book ever. Haven’t read anything else. But maybe now after the exam I will try reading D.D. Basu just to see what it is all about. I tried it before and couldn’t get past the first chapter. So it was Laxmikant for me!

RPA – did google search and read stuff from multiple websites and also whatever was in the news.

Schemes etc – I did from the direct Ministry websites. Also my friend Shikhar used to listen to the news and would force me to listen with him on AIR Fm. Sometimes the news analysis that came after the news would give brilliant points for the schemes. But I hadn’t done ministry websites before and I did it this time. It made a huge difference. Also would google search for schemes of government of India and check out all the results that appeared.

Current Affairs – I did Vision coaching current affairs. I think they copy paste articles from The Hindu but since I was too lazy to read the Hindu everyday, this worked for me. I did the C.A. right from December of 2013. Last year I did not do current affairs at all, but that was a big mistake.

International Affairs – I did from Vajiram Coaching material which they bring out around a month before the exam. It was more than sufficient in my opinion.

Other topics – I did a lot of government documents like reports on the topics and also googled all the topics mentioned and read some of the articles that came up. Didn’t make notes but got a general idea.  I did this for the first time this year. Also did coaching material from 3 delhi based coachings – Sriram, Vajiram and Vision. Some topics were good in one source and some in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Useful

महत्वपूर्ण GK ट्रिक्स/One day exam/gk tricks

❇️कछ महत्वपूर्ण GK ट्रिक्स ❇️ 🟡कनिष्क के दरबार में प्रमुख व्यक्ति Trick - अश्व नाचे पाव पे 🔘 अश्व ➞   अश्वघोष 🔘 ना ➞   नागार्जुन 🔘 च ➞...